- Boards & Commissions
- Heritage Preservation Board
Heritage Preservation Board
Meetings Responsible Department
Planning Department, Elise Semonian Community Development Director
Agendas & Minutes
|Agendas are available prior to the meetings.|
Most Recent Agenda | View All
|Minutes are also available following approval.|
Most Recent Minutes | View All
Members Term Expires
The Larkspur Heritage Preservation Board was established by the City Council in 1987, and consists of volunteer members of the public who are appointed by the City Council for a four year term. The Board is an advisory committee to the Planning Commission and City Council.
The Heritage Preservation Board responsibilities include:
- Compile and periodically update a list of potential historic resources and recommend that the City Council include identified structures and sites for designation on the City’s official Historic Resources Inventory.
- Review of planning and building permits, which propose to alter or demolish a structure listed on Larkspur's Historic Resources Inventory, or a structure identified as eligible for inclusion on the inventory.
- Provide recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council that the reclassification of a zoning district be initiated to include the Combining Heritage Preservation District (H) designation on a specific property or groups of properties determined to have significant historic value.
- Raise awareness of the value and importance of historic preservation through a variety of programs and activities, including management and operation of the Historic Preservation Awards Program, Historic Walking Tours, and publication of their book Larkspur Past and Present: A History and Walking Guide.
Larkspur Municipal Code Section 2.18 contains additional information about the Commission.